Sep 12, 2019
I just made my first gaming PC and I was (am) REALLY hyped about it, but then suddenly, the USB ports have started just turning themselves off.
It started a few days ago, a USB got stuck in the port and I wasn't (and still can't) get it out, I don't know if that's related but I felt like it could be.
That evening while playing games, randomly the sound cut off on my USB headphones, but it seemed like my mouse and keyboard were still working.
I've done some rearranging of wires to double check, and for whatever reason, only the black USB ports are turning off, the blue ones are completely uneffected, sometimes the black ones turn back on (when I launch Premiere they kind of flicker on and off and then they're just on.) Sometimes they turn off and then I have to reset the computer to get em back on. It happens whenever I do more taxing computer stuff like gaming or turning on premiere.
I've already tried changing the windows settings so it can't disable the USBs, and I've tried going into device manager so it can't cut power off the USBs (side note, when the USBs turn off, anything plugged in disappears from the device manager.)
I've also tried switching the wire powering the USBs on the motherboard so it plugs into the other USB motherboard socket. All of this has done nothing to stop it from happening again.

I really am at a loss here, I feel like I've tried everything so someone please help me.

Solution
I think that the stuck USB stick might be causing a short. You are going to need to get that stick out of the port. Try using a flashlight to get a better look at how it is stuck. If you cannot figure out a better way to get it put you are going to need to pull it out, with force if necessary.
Sep 12, 2019
Oh btw in case this is relevant, the graphics card is a 1060, the CPU is an amd ryzen 7 (2700x) the motherboard is a gigabyte B450 aurus elite, and the power supply is 600w and from evga

I think that the stuck USB stick might be causing a short. You are going to need to get that stick out of the port. Try using a flashlight to get a better look at how it is stuck. If you cannot figure out a better way to get it put you are going to need to pull it out, with force if necessary.

Solution