Wife says no to spending $ on Computer

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I've spent a lot of money on upgrades, software and useless computer stuff.
Wife is mad and will not let me spend anymore for sometime (Prob a year). Should I cancel my MAXPC magazine as to not be tempted?

Solution
With the internet and google at your disposal I don't know why you'd want to waste money on a magazine anyway?

One can still read articles and reviews to remain on top of technology advancements without actually buying the stuff so in that regard it doesn't hurt to keep reading but as I say a magazine just seems such a waste when you have the internet and bookmarks.

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
With the internet and google at your disposal I don't know why you'd want to waste money on a magazine anyway?

One can still read articles and reviews to remain on top of technology advancements without actually buying the stuff so in that regard it doesn't hurt to keep reading but as I say a magazine just seems such a waste when you have the internet and bookmarks.

Solution

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Good point. I just don't see the point in getting a magazine either, especially when it's really just a clever advertisement tool. When you don't have the money, not the brightest idea to be reading and getting ideas.

Magazines?... it`s still around in 2010?

Also... what softwares are you buying? Try freewares!

As for parts... purchase with future proof in mind. I never upgrade my system because I never need to. I end up purchasing a whole new system at each 4 years and sell the other one.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I didnt know Tom's had a sniveler's lounge.

I see 3 problems:

1...spent a lot of money on usless stuff.
2...Wife is mad
3...MAXPC magazine

Here is my advice..2c worth

Quit spending money on useless stuff trying to satisfy your addiction.
Get rid of the MAXPC magazine.
Spend more time with your wife than with your computer. Take her out to dinner and give her a really nice gift..tell her how much you love her.
Start saving money for that upgrade you want. Figure out what you really dont need in your daily expences and put that money away.
Show your wife you are trying to be responsible.

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

:lol: Sounds familiar.

Mine always said "what's yours is ours, and what's mine is none of your business".

Now she's single and what's mine is none of her business. Ironic? Maybe. :D

RIKHOLLIS

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Take her aside and explain that modern civilization is base on consumer indebteness, and that as a good citizen it is your responsibility to spend more than you make. Therefore, the choice simply comes down to what you are spending in excess on... Point out your neighbors Big-Foot truck, the Bass Boat that belongs to the guy across the street, the John Deere riding mower that the dude with the 1/4 acre rides, the Bimbo with Bolt-Ons who suns in the front yard, and then your plethora of computers. Ask her what she'd rather you were buying, and with any luck it will be one of the last two...

Yyrd

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
its cheaper to rent wives then to own one.

so cancel the wife. and keep the magazines. IMHO~! pity i don't follow my own advice.

arg, goto go, got wife-agro.bbl

Chad Boga

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

DIVORCE!!!

Yyrd

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Asking here shows you want to kick the wife to the curb. to ask this question on a PC nerd site show you want a bias answer. therefore at least there was a subconscious effort of you wanting a gentle push to motivate you.

just tell us how it goes, im sure 50% of us are thinking the same thing as you just don't have the balls to admit it.

anyways, any gamer chicks left?