Question Wife went crazy. Took a hammer to my glass on case. Won't start.

Aug 30, 2024
Hey y'all. My first post. Just trying to get some troubleshooting ideas. Long story short. My wife went ballistic. Hid my case and then hammered the glass. Didn't drop or anything like that. I used a shop vac and got all the glass out I could without removing anything . When you plug power to it, keyboard and mouse light up but it won't turn on.

Radeon RX Vega GPU. I am about to cry. I spent so much time on this. Had my graduate project that's due tom by midnight on it. I hope I'm not screwed. Any help is appreciated. Ty.

Aug 29, 2024
Good evening, I hope you were able to resolve the matters with your wife. I respect your privacy on that matter. Now, about your computer in my experience with computer cases that have been dropped knocked over or struck, or have foreign material like broken glass in the case you will need to remove all of the components RAM Power Connectors and all power wires from the mother board. Make sure you are grounded to the computer case. First unplug the case and press the power button for about 15 seconds to discharge the motherboard. Also remove the GPU. Inspect the motherboard closely to insure all glass material has been removed. Look for cracks in the motherboard itself and damaged bent or missing capacitors on the motherboard. If there is NO VISIBLE damage you should be able to reinstall all components and and power connectors then turn on the power and see if the motherboard POSTS. Look for your mother board logo on startup on your monitor TV Etc.. Then plug in the components back into the motherboard insuring they are secure. Then plug in the case turn on the power supply and look for a green or yellow power light on the motherboard. This means the motherboard is getting power. Press the power button and turn on your monitor. If everything is working the motherboard will POST and boot to the operating system. These are guidelines only if the system will not turn on you may require professional help. You will need a new case. All the best.