Question Wife went crazy. Took a hammer to my glass on case. Won't start.

Aug 30, 2024
Hey y'all. My first post. Just trying to get some troubleshooting ideas. Long story short. My wife went ballistic. Hid my case and then hammered the glass. Didn't drop or anything like that. I used a shop vac and got all the glass out I could without removing anything . When you plug power to it, keyboard and mouse light up but it won't turn on.

Radeon RX Vega GPU. I am about to cry. I spent so much time on this. Had my graduate project that's due tom by midnight on it. I hope I'm not screwed. Any help is appreciated. Ty.

Reactions: artk2219
Aug 29, 2024
Good evening, I hope you were able to resolve the matters with your wife. I respect your privacy on that matter. Now, about your computer in my experience with computer cases that have been dropped knocked over or struck, or have foreign material like broken glass in the case you will need to remove all of the components RAM Power Connectors and all power wires from the mother board. Make sure you are grounded to the computer case. First unplug the case and press the power button for about 15 seconds to discharge the motherboard. Also remove the GPU. Inspect the motherboard closely to insure all glass material has been removed. Look for cracks in the motherboard itself and damaged bent or missing capacitors on the motherboard. If there is NO VISIBLE damage you should be able to reinstall all components and and power connectors then turn on the power and see if the motherboard POSTS. Look for your mother board logo on startup on your monitor TV Etc.. Then plug in the components back into the motherboard insuring they are secure. Then plug in the case turn on the power supply and look for a green or yellow power light on the motherboard. This means the motherboard is getting power. Press the power button and turn on your monitor. If everything is working the motherboard will POST and boot to the operating system. These are guidelines only if the system will not turn on you may require professional help. You will need a new case. All the best.

Endre

Honorable
I am about to cry. I spent so much time on this.
I hope that you are about to cry about the issues that you're having in your marriage and not over your PC!
If your wife went "ballistic" and hammered your case, that should get your attention!
Maybe you have bigger problems, right now, than fixing your PC!

Please solve your marriage problems first!

I hope this helps...

Reactions: digitaldata77
Hey y'all. My first post. Just trying to get some troubleshooting ideas. Long story short. My wife went ballistic. Hid my case and then hammered the glass. Didn't drop or anything like that. I used a shop vac and got all the glass out I could without removing anything . When you plug power to it, keyboard and mouse light up but it won't turn on.

Radeon RX Vega GPU. I am about to cry. I spent so much time on this. Had my graduate project that's due tom by midnight on it. I hope I'm not screwed. Any help is appreciated. Ty.
Start with the basics, check every connection, make sure everything is properly seated, and reseat anything that seems questionable. Check your power plug at the wall and at the power supply, make sure the power switch on the back of the power supply is on. Then try and see if it will get power, did you backup your graduate project anywhere, or is it all on your desktop?

I hope that you are about to cry about the issues that you're having in your marriage and not over your PC!
If your wife went "ballistic" and hammered your case, that should get your attention!
Maybe you have bigger problems, right now, than fixing your PC!

Please solve your marriage problems first!

I hope this helps...
While I get the sentiment, graduate projects don't always wait for you to get your life in order first. Fights happen, tempers can get raised, and some people react badly. I personally never got the mentality of throwing things or breaking something that belongs to someone else because you're mad at them. It doesn't mean it hasn't happened to me multiple times though. Getting a five pound weight thrown at my spine when I refused to engage and was walking away was a memorable "fun" one.

Last edited:

Endre

Honorable
While I get the sentiment, graduate projects don't always wait for you to get your life in order first. Fights happen, tempers can get raised, and some people react badly. I personally never got the mentality of throwing things or breaking something that belongs to someone else because you're mad at them. It doesn't mean it hasn't happened to me multiple times though. Getting a five pound weight thrown at my spine when I refused to engage and was walking away was a memorable "fun" one.
I am sorry to hear that.

Reactions: zooter623
Aug 30, 2024
Me either. It's just disrespectful. I've never or would never touch someone's things. And youre right. The projects aren't waiting. Distance is being kept currently and my mission today is to fix this. Ty

Aug 30, 2024
All o
Start with the basics, check every connection, make sure everything is properly seated, and reseat anything that seems questionable. Check your power plug at the wall and at the power supply, make sure the power switch on the back of the power supply is on. Then try and see if it will get power, did you backup your graduate project anywhere, or is it all on your desktop?
All on it. Unfortunately. First mistake. Going to do all of these suggestions

Reactions: Endre
Maybe a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. If you find the PC just won't boot if you have an external caddy pull the hard drive and retrieve you school project using another computer.

A little bit of life wisdom. If this was a one off where the wife did this ok were human.

If this is just a normal Tuesday meaning insanity every day look really hard at her mother , is her mother just the same. And if grandma is still around how is grandma. If you see a pattern that's your future.