Question wifi 5ghz is limited to 585 mbps when my pc wireless networking (wireless ac) is up to 867 mbps how can i get the full speed?

kanewolf

Titan

kanewolf

Titan
Oh okay was just making sure because my cousin has 900 mbps plan same pc and he gets that 800 some speed so i wanted to know if i can get it higher
The only guaranteed way is to get a wired connection.
The "867 mbps " number is and advertising gimmick. Is that possible in the LAB ? Yes, does anybody in the real wold get that number? No. It is the same as putting a 120MPH speedometer in a Yugo. Looks impressive, but not possible.

I got 1200 mbps internet plan from xfinity and my wifi speeds on pc are at 585 - 600 some but my pc can handle it up to 867 mbps so i was wondering how can i get it to full speed? I have the network adapters updated as well. I use an Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

pc: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...b-hdd-256gb-ssd-black/6402514.p?skuId=6402514

Wifi is half-duplex, not full-duplex. The speeds you're getting are as good as wifi can get with a connection speed of 867mbps because there is a bit of back and forth that takes place.

The only way to get faster speeds is to have more radio channels. If you computer has a 2x2 radio, then you can upgrade to a 3x3 or 4x4 radio assuming your router is a half decent one with a 4x4 radio as well.

Also, upgrading to wifi 6E with 160mhz channel width will give you much higher speeds as well.