[SOLVED] WiFi 6 PCI-E Card & ASRock B450 PRO4 Motherboard?

Oct 25, 2020
I want to add an Intel AX200 WiFi 6 Dual Band Bluetooth 5.1 PCI-E card to an ASRock B450 PRO4 Motherboard. These are the cheapest WiFi 6 cards for sale. However, the sellers of this card, say that it will not work in an AMD B450 motherboard. I can't see why there should be an issue. Will there be a problem using such a card?

Solution
I want to add an Intel AX200 WiFi 6 Dual Band Bluetooth 5.1 PCI-E card to an ASRock B450 PRO4 Motherboard. These are the cheapest WiFi 6 cards for sale. However, the sellers of this card, say that it will not work in an AMD B450 motherboard. I can't see why there should be an issue. Will there be a problem using such a card?
Some Intel networking products require vPro, and that requires a CPU that supports Intel vPro, which is the issue if the AX200 requires vPro.

I have heard but am not sure of the accuracy of it that there are several versions of the AX200 and one requires vPro, while the other will use it but doesn't require it.
Oct 25, 2020
Yes. It doesn't make any sense.
Should work just fine (unless it is broken).
My thoughts too. Maybe the fact that it the WiFi module uses an Intel chipset, confused the sellers? As long as the adaptor has a standard PCI-E interface, I can't see why there should be an issue. There are more expensive cards, which have identical specs and are stated to work with AMD notherboards. So should I just save money and buy the cheaper card?

RealBeast

Titan
Some Intel networking products require vPro, and that requires a CPU that supports Intel vPro, which is the issue if the AX200 requires vPro.

I have heard but am not sure of the accuracy of it that there are several versions of the AX200 and one requires vPro, while the other will use it but doesn't require it.

Solution
Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for the replies

I am not familiar with Intel vPro.

I always use AMD CPU's in my PC builds.

The CPU I am going to use is a Ryzen 5 3600.

I asked Intel Customer Support, but they redirected me to ASRock.

However, ASRock Support asks for product details I don't have.

I would have thought a PCI-E card would have worked without any problems?