Question wifi 6e connection problem

jeffy9987

Prominent
May 31, 2023
i have a wifi 6e router tenda rx27 pro when i connect to the 6ghz band (i have the bands separated cause i use win 10) it fails to connect but if i connect to the 5ghz band it works first try if i spend some time on 5ghz and then try to connect to the 6ghz it works how can i make it work without this workaround
wifi card is the preinstalled one in my msi b650 edge wifi motherboard

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Does my Microsoft Windows PC support 6 GHz WiFi?

https://kb.netgear.com/000064414/Does-my-Microsoft-Windows-PC-support-6-GHz-WiFi

=============

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B650-EDGE-WIFI/Specification

AMD Wi-Fi 6E
The Wireless module is pre-installed in the M.2 (Key-E) slot
Supports MU-MIMO TX/RX
Supports 20MHz, 40MHz, 80MHz,160MHz bandwidth in 2.4GHz/ 5GHz or 6GHz* bands
Supports 802.11 a/ b/ g/ n/ ac/ ax

Supports Bluetooth® 5.3**

* Wi-Fi 6E 6GHz may depend on every country’s regulations and will be ready in Windows 11.
** Bluetooth 5.3 will be ready in Windows 10 build 21H1 and Windows 11.

Last edited:
Does it see the 6ghz band and just not connect or does it not even see the band at all.

I saw stuff that said microsoft was not going to support 6ghz in windows 10 but I have also seen people say it works. I am not sure what microsoft would really have to do with this since it is a device driver mostly. Then again microsoft can be jerks, years ago the blocked the code that let you put wireless nic in promiscuous mode. Like a real hacker uses windows anyway.

I also saw talk that it was related to wpa3 support and that wifi6e would only run wpa3 but it appears the requirement is wifi6e equipment must support wpa3 not that you have to use it.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Well, according to Dong, if you have Intel AX210, you probably can make 6Ghz work for a while on Windows 10. However, Intel and MS will keep releasing new drivers that might break it.

Your AMD Wi-Fi 6E seems to be from Mediatek however.

Last edited:

jeffy9987

Prominent
May 31, 2023
older drivers worked but now windows is limiting the speed to 1 or 2 mps ping is unaffected iv tried going back to the newer drivers but it doesnt change the speed the only thing to change that might have caused this was that i renewed my enterprise session

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
After sourcing Wi-Fi 6 and seeing they were pricey, I only ordered 3. When they
arrived, they were DRIVERLESS Wi-Fi 6 dongles that I could not activate the driver
on the CD they sent and no other driver from Microsoft came through.

Hopeless, so I went just told my Internet Router Service Tech that I was running O.K.
to not insult him or put him through more trauma. Then I just went back to the box and took the old Internet Router that had Wi-Fi 5 and put it back. No more problems after that. The Service Dept. keeps trying to help us and be on the telephone and it never
will work again even after at their end they make the adjustments and lets their software know that there was an update.

Many Multi Function Centers,
Fax, scan, print and will not connect to any Wi-Fi 6 and specify that only Wi-Fi 4 or 5 even though they are brand new MFCs.

jeffy9987

Prominent
May 31, 2023
After sourcing Wi-Fi 6 and seeing they were pricey, I only ordered 3. When they
arrived, they were DRIVERLESS Wi-Fi 6 dongles that I could not activate the driver
on the CD they sent and no other driver from Microsoft came through.

Hopeless, so I went just told my Internet Router Service Tech that I was running O.K.
to not insult him or put him through more trauma. Then I just went back to the box and took the old Internet Router that had Wi-Fi 5 and put it back. No more problems after that. The Service Dept. keeps trying to help us and be on the telephone and it never
will work again even after at their end they make the adjustments and lets their software know that there was an update.

Many Multi Function Centers,
Fax, scan, print and will not connect to any Wi-Fi 6 and specify that only Wi-Fi 4 or 5 even though they are brand new MFCs.
i want wifi6e for vr i downloaded the oldest driver i could and it works great but windows still limits me to around 100mbps but thats fast enough for everything i need