Back in march I got a whole bunch of new hardware which include,

-ASUS MAXIMUS HERO XI (WIFI-AC)
-16GB 3600MHZ
-i7-9700k 3.6GHZ
-RTX 2070 AMP EXTREME
-2TB HDD
-500GB SSD
-850W PSU

After a couple weeks of playing the mobo started to disconnect from the Wifi. My old PC connected perfectly fine and my internet speeds are pretty good! I've tried to update bios and update the wifi AC setting but I just gave up. Does anyone know whats going on? I believe it has to be the motherboard.

Another thing to add is when I disconnect it's for like 1 second. I just go back to my windows taskbar and press disconnect, and connect again and it works instantly. Most of the time I can just press it and it wont disconnect me from games or discord but it does disconnect from the internet. Any help?

sniper7777777

Honorable
Sep 22, 2014
if you know where your system tray is check there or you could search intel and see what comes up also check in control panel (category) and uninstall a program check if you have intel WiMAX software or other intel software related to network adapters long story short see if you can connect to your wifi through intel software or uninstall the software (not the driver) and just use windows built in wifi connectivity function

Jul 11, 2019
if you know where your system tray is check there or you could search intel and see what comes up also check in control panel (category) and uninstall a program check if you have intel WiMAX software or other intel software related to network adapters long story short see if you can connect to your wifi through intel software or uninstall the software (not the driver) and just use windows built in wifi connectivity function

I've been using the built in windows wifi connectivity. Btw I also see Intel PROset/Wireless Software.

Jul 11, 2019

I just tried to repair the "Intel PROset/Wireless Software" and I restarted my computer. After 5 minutes I lost connection again. Should I just try uninstalling it?

Jul 11, 2019
Hello there,

I recently got a ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO back in march and after using it for about 4 weeks, I got random disconnections. It's for sure not my internet because I can just click on windows and connect instantly in around 2 seconds . A lot of people are telling me to uninstall "Intel Proset/wireless software" but i'm kinda nervous to uninstall things before I'm sure. Any help? I'm assuming its a software/program related issue.

Lutfij

Titan
You're going to be fine in uninstalling the aforementioned app. Prior to doing that, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then look towards reinstalling the networking drivers with the latest drivers available online(manually).

You can then look at your router. Mind sharing the make and model of the unit? Also check to see if it has any firmware updates pending.

Jul 11, 2019
You're going to be fine in uninstalling the aforementioned app. Prior to doing that, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then look towards reinstalling the networking drivers with the latest drivers available online(manually).

You can then look at your router. Mind sharing the make and model of the unit? Also check to see if it has any firmware updates pending.

BIOS could be the problem. it's pretty outdated and when I try to update the firmware it gives me a warning saying "Please back up bitlocker and suspend it". I'm just scared since I haven't done this before. Will I be locked out of windows if I ignore this?

Jul 11, 2019
BIOS could be the problem. it's pretty outdated and when I try to update the firmware it gives me a warning saying "Please back up bitlocker and suspend it". I'm just scared since I haven't done this before. Will I be locked out of windows if I ignore this?