Wifi Adapter disconnecting..

Aug 5, 2018
My Wifi Adapter will stop working out of no where. When it's plugged into the front of my tower my usb will say it disconnected with the x over my wifi. When I unplug the wifi adapter i'd have to wait around 5 seconds for it to say the wifi adapter disconnected so I can replug it back in and connect. I thought it was just the usb slot so I plugged in the back of my computer. It still disconnects, but when I plug it in to the usb slot right next to my keyboard my keyboard would disconnect too with my usb. The only way my keyboard would reconnect would be if I replugged in my keyboard or wifi adapter. I plugged it in next to my mouse and my mouse disconnects too with the wifi adapter, but when I plug it in to the front only my wifi adapter would disconnect. I can't find out what's happening. I've searched everywhere on google and can't seem to find a answer. I really don't want to get a new adapter.

Wifi Adapter: Linksys AE2500

Solution
Could this be a problem with the USB ports themselves
Maybe if two devices are plugged in there isn't enough power going to them so one will shut off to provide power to the other
The only possibility for this I could think of.

mdsimmons1118

Upstanding
Aug 6, 2018
Could this be a problem with the USB ports themselves
Maybe if two devices are plugged in there isn't enough power going to them so one will shut off to provide power to the other
The only possibility for this I could think of.

Solution