nugigurasashvili

Prominent
Nov 20, 2018
I have had a Dual Band AC600 USB Wifi Adapter for a better part of 4 years and its been having a few connectivity issues lately. Coinsidentally the problems started when i upgraded my internet package and got a new router to complement higher bandwith i would be provided (100MBits/s). The Router i got was not great i suffered constant network failures both during downloads, streaming and general browsiing.
Some time later that Router died and just stopped transmitting Wifi. I got a free replacement and i still suffer network failures. Sometimes when i update games through their own launcher after the download is done I get a message that insufficent volume was downloaded or content is missingm For example Warframe, EFT, any game from Blizzard launcher. Or other Software as well such as Discord, Logitech G-HUB and Origin stuck in an endless update loop cause the connection fails and the updates have to be restarted until i luck out and download is done before the Network failure.

My Question is if USB Wifi Adapters can go bad. During the 4 years of me having it i have unplugged it around 100 times but the speed i get is still consistent with what im provided by my ISP it just randomly drops to 0Bits/s for around 5 seconds so i dont even see the windows 10 Wifi Status Bar updating to no internet connection sign. I have already checked the drivers and did the troubleshooting and no issues were located.

Heres my Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
HyperX 3200MHz 2x8GB DDR4 RAM
Intel Core i5-9600K
NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (My Boot Drive)
2x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD

Dual Band AC600 WiFi Stick---------Adapter
Telekom Speedport Smart 3----------Router

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Lutfij

Titan
That actually depends on the adapter you're using. I've had some adapters that never died(10 years running) while I've also seen adapter's end up running pretty hot to the touch(USB driven mini dongles) and then give up altogether.

I would ask you to make sure that your router is on the latest firmware update(if it has any updates pending) then see if the issue is persistent with another(donor) USB driven wifi adapter/receiver. Make sure your BIOS for the motherboard is also up to date while the drivers for your adapter are also in line with the OS(and it's version).

When installing drivers for the adapter, install them in an elevated command(after sourcing it from the manufacturer's website), i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU?

nugigurasashvili

Prominent
Nov 20, 2018
That actually depends on the adapter you're using. I've had some adapters that never died(10 years running) while I've also seen adapter's end up running pretty hot to the touch(USB driven mini dongles) and then give up altogether.

I would ask you to make sure that your router is on the latest firmware update(if it has any updates pending) then see if the issue is persistent with another(donor) USB driven wifi adapter/receiver. Make sure your BIOS for the motherboard is also up to date while the drivers for your adapter are also in line with the OS(and it's version).

When installing drivers for the adapter, install them in an elevated command(after sourcing it from the manufacturer's website), i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU?

CoolerMaster Masterwatt Lite 700W 80+ is is my PSU

My Router and BIOS are up to date. Updated both of them earlier this Month and there aro no new driver updates for my adapter i both did the Windows Driver update search through Device Manager and searching the driver through Windows Update.

The Manufacturer is SeeKool they make all around Electronicsstuff including drills and Android TVs and such and the latest Driver for my Adapter was released in July 2018 which i have installed in October of the same Year.

P.S. I got the Driver version through Device Manager which also couldnt find an update