Question Wifi adapter issue (Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz)

Apr 17, 2022
My wifi adapter causes everyone connected to my wifi to disconnect and until I restart my router I cant connect back.

So about 6 months ago i got a new pc and my motherboard (b560 aorus pro ax) came with a wifi adapter.

It worked for a month or two but them I had to switch back to my usb one because it just crashes my entire wifi after a few minutes of use.

I tried using ethernet after the crash happened and ethernet worked.

I tried completely reinstalling my drivers which didn't work and I even replaced my router with a new one and it still crashes.

windows 10 pro
usb adapter: TL-WN722N
Router: ZTE Speedport Entry 2i
Bios version: F5, 3/16/2021

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please state the make and model of your USB driven WiFi adapter? As a side note, can you please state the version(not edition) for your OS if you're on Windows 10? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Have you tried manually reinstalling the bundled wireless adapter's driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lastly, what is the make and model of your wireless router?

That sound more like a bug/problem with the router. The hackers would be all excited if you could take some wifi nic and go around crashing peoples routers.

Does the router have any messages in the log. Verify that you have the latest firmware on the router.

Even if you had a router that supports wifi6 it will just use different data encoding to talk to all the different devices that support other data rates. It can change on the fly, it is not all that efficient but it will just change.

From the screenshot you post you are getting very poor signal levels. 60mbps on 2.4 means you are getting not even 50% signal strength.

Apr 17, 2022
That sound more like a bug/problem with the router. The hackers would be all excited if you could take some wifi nic and go around crashing peoples routers.

Does the router have any messages in the log. Verify that you have the latest firmware on the router.

Even if you had a router that supports wifi6 it will just use different data encoding to talk to all the different devices that support other data rates. It can change on the fly, it is not all that efficient but it will just change.

From the screenshot you post you are getting very poor signal levels. 60mbps on 2.4 means you are getting not even 50% signal strength.
I fixed the Link speed and im not sure how to check the logs on my router so i cant really check for errors.

If it is a cheaper router it may not have logs. I would still verify the firmware.

It should be impossible to actually crash the router from a end device. You might for example send so much everyone else is slow but as soon as it stops it should work fine for others. To actually affect the router it must be a bug in the router or more unlikely defective hardware.
Your first try should be to update the firmware. If that still does not resolve it start to consider replacing the router.

The ax200 is the most common chipset used for wifi6 on end devices. If the card itself was the cause you would see a lot of people complaining but it seems to perform very well for most people.

I did not notice you said you replaced the router.

You are going to have to be more clear as to what you mean you crash the router. Are you saying even if you turn off the pc that has the ax200 all the other devices continue to have issues.

It is hard to find a manual for that exact router in english but it does appear it has a log. What I would do is when it is broken use a device connected via ethernet to get into the router. You need to do this before you power cycle the router or the log will be cleared. If you can not get into the router even via ethernet then
something is very broken with the router.

TRENDING THREADS