[SOLVED] Wifi adapter trouble with Android X86

Hello, i have an Acer Aspire One cloudbook I want to use for an HTPC project. I would mainly use it for youtube playback on my tv, but i may use it for a bit of web browsing.
Specs:
Celeron N3060 2 threads @2.6ghz turbo
2gb lpddr3 @1333mhz
32gb EMMC
I aqquired the laptop with a broken slot for the internal wifi card, so i have to use a usb dongle.

I have ran the laptop with windows 10 and its slow. I expected this, but works properly with my usb wifi dongle. Windows 10 is hard to see and causes eyestrain on my older tv. I have ran the laptop with lubuntu and its much faster, but my wifi dongle doesnt work. The ui is still too small. Finally i settled on android x86, since its ui should be suiter to tvs due to smart tv usually running android. The icons are quite big and easy to see. Android works well, is easy to see, and its very fast. This makes sense since the laptops specs are very close to that of a phone, however no wifi adapter i have will work. I have 2 and both work on windows, but none work on linux or android. How do i get these working, and is there a cheap android compatable one you know of?

Last edited:
Solution
Well, this makes me mad. I used my Toshiba Satellite C55-B with a Qualcomm Atheros card of some sort and it worked fine, now i am running into no wifi issues. Apparently, very little Realtek chipset based wifi cards work with Android, however, most Qualcomm and Intel model chipsets work fine. I guess this is no surprise since nearly all Android and iPhones have a Qualcomm modem or sometimes an Intel modem.
Well, this makes me mad. I used my Toshiba Satellite C55-B with a Qualcomm Atheros card of some sort and it worked fine, now i am running into no wifi issues. Apparently, very little Realtek chipset based wifi cards work with Android, however, most Qualcomm and Intel model chipsets work fine. I guess this is no surprise since nearly all Android and iPhones have a Qualcomm modem or sometimes an Intel modem.

Last edited:
Solution