[SOLVED] Wifi adapter

Kermakakku

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2013
I bought a wifi adapter to share internet via a hotspot from mobile. The problem is, when I disconnect, the pc cant find the hotspot after I turn it back on again until I change the name of the hotspot. Any ideas?

Solution
Not sure what to suggest. That is a fairly good USB wifi adapter, many people use those tiny ones you can get for $5 and then complain.

I guess you could try to see if there is a newer driver for the PC. There really should not be any difference between a actual router and the phone from the PC view point it does not know that it is a phone hotspot. If it is some strangeness with the hotspot firmware you have few options since this stuff is many times tied to the phones software version and can not be changed independently.

You would think the phone would use LESS power connected via USB. Since you are not using the wifi radios you would think turning them off would save you power.

All I can think of is the USB port on the...

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
Why don’t you just use the usb cable from the phone to plug directly into the computer? Your phone will provide a wired connection to the computer and avoid another wireless conundrum. Plus.. those kind of adapters are a nightmare.

Not sure what to suggest. That is a fairly good USB wifi adapter, many people use those tiny ones you can get for $5 and then complain.

I guess you could try to see if there is a newer driver for the PC. There really should not be any difference between a actual router and the phone from the PC view point it does not know that it is a phone hotspot. If it is some strangeness with the hotspot firmware you have few options since this stuff is many times tied to the phones software version and can not be changed independently.

You would think the phone would use LESS power connected via USB. Since you are not using the wifi radios you would think turning them off would save you power.

All I can think of is the USB port on the PC does not provide enough charging current as say a wall adapater. Does the phone say indicate if it is charging at a different rate when you plug it into the pc vs a wall adapter. This type of thing is outside my knowledge but my guess would be if the pc does not put out enough power you should be able to buy a USB hub to place between the pc and the phone.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS