[SOLVED] Wifi Adaptor Not Appearing

Sep 14, 2018
Hi all,

This morning my power went out briefly. When it came back on my PC decided it didn't want to connect to the wifi. I have taken numerous trouble-shooting steps:

1.) ran the windows Trouble Shooter for network status. It says "There might be a problem with the driver for the wifi adapter". Mousing over this message, it tells me "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter." ip4 and ip6 are both enabled.
2.) Tried installing a fresh version of the driver with a flash drive. Windows wouldn't let me, "You already have the best driver for this device"

3.) This is the most perplexing part. I ran iponfig and ipconfig/all in the command center, and the wireless adapter doesn't even show up anymore. Only 2 ethernet adapters and bluetooth.

I've tried restarting, powering off, attaching/reattaching the wifi antennae, looked for wifi settings in the BIOS, all to no avail. If it matters, I am using windows 10 home with an MSI B-series motherboard.

Someone please help!!!!!!!!!

Solution
Not that anyone reads these...but in case someone else stumbles upon this problem here was my solution:
After hours of installing/uninstalling drivers and trying to figure out the problem, I found one crucial setting that was throwing the whole thing off.

1.) Run services.msc
2.) Find WLAN AutoConfig. Right click, then select properties.
3.) Set activation to AUTOMATIC and then click RUN. Voila!
Sep 14, 2018

the wifi adapter is integrated into the motherboard. There are external antennae which screw into it.

Sep 14, 2018

Thanks for the response.
I tried this, to no avail. I've even connected via ethernet to check for driver updates.

UPDATE
I went to Intel's website and downloaded the most recent drivers. Still no luck WTFFFFFF

Sep 14, 2018
Not that anyone reads these...but in case someone else stumbles upon this problem here was my solution:
After hours of installing/uninstalling drivers and trying to figure out the problem, I found one crucial setting that was throwing the whole thing off.

1.) Run services.msc
2.) Find WLAN AutoConfig. Right click, then select properties.
3.) Set activation to AUTOMATIC and then click RUN. Voila!

Solution