Question WiFi and Bluetooth disconnect when Hot

Jul 4, 2022
Hello,
I’m having a problem where my WiFi and Bluetooth keep cutting out on my PC when I’m running an intensive game (Bannerlord/Ghost Recon). It doesn’t happen when I’m running something like LoL. What happens is it will make the noise of a usb being plugged in a couple of times, and then my wifi and Bluetooth will stop working. When I go in device manager there are the yellow warning triangles over the signs for my wifi and Bluetooth devices. They only work again if I disable and reenable them. I tried buying a better WiFi card, with a heat sink, as I thought it was due to getting too hot. Didn’t work. Today I’ve taken out, cleaned, and reseated all of my components and done a fresh windows install with fully updated drivers. No luck.

I’ve just tried it again while unplugging one peripheral at a time to see if one thing was causing it. Still happened, and after it happened the last time I plugged a wired mouse in and it didn’t even recognise that either. I have no idea what left to try.

My specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
32gb Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 RAM
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Corsair AIO cooler
Razer Viper Ultimate
Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless
HyperX Origins keyboard (wired)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. As for your CPU cooler, Corsair have a number of AIO's in their portfolio, which one do you have? Mind sharing a link to all the networking adapters you've used to end up with the same conclusion? Might want to also check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard.

You might be having an issue with your chipset drivers...might want to try reinstalling it, after sourcing it from AMD's support site, with regards to your chipset.

Jul 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. As for your CPU cooler, Corsair have a number of AIO's in their portfolio, which one do you have? Mind sharing a link to all the networking adapters you've used to end up with the same conclusion? Might want to also check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard.

You might be having an issue with your chipset drivers...might want to try reinstalling it, after sourcing it from AMD's support site, with regards to your chipset.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

My PSU is a Corsair RM750 Gold
The AIO is the Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix

I flashed the bios to the most recent version (at the time) as I changed from a R5 3600 to the 5600x around 4 months ago when I installed the AIO.

I’ve downloaded the up to date chipset drivers from MSI earlier today also - that didn’t work either. Really stumped at what to try next

Jul 4, 2022
Hey, thanks for the reply!

My PSU is a Corsair RM750 Gold
The AIO is the Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix

I flashed the bios to the most recent version (at the time) as I changed from a R5 3600 to the 5600x around 4 months ago when I installed the AIO.

I’ve downloaded the up to date chipset drivers from MSI earlier today also - that didn’t work either. Really stumped at what to try next
Forgot to mention - my current Network adapter is the Ubit AX200 Wifi + Bluetooth

i did buy the TP Link Archer TX50E AX3000 but that made no difference either - still happened with the more expensive card