Question Wifi and router issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiMuncher

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
I'm having so many issues with Xfinity and don't know what to do.

For my iPhone 7:

Wifi just suddenly gave out on me (works fine on computer clearly as I'm writing this post from my computer) and I couldn't connect to it or use it so I forgot the network but then after doing so, realized the password was changed from what it originally was so I can't access Wifi again (I don't know the new password, keep reading to find out why) which is primarily where the other following issues stem from.

I can't login in to our Xfinity account because when I click on the sign in button it takes forever to load then the site appears as an error or it says it took too long to load

I can't even login into my router page (192.168.1.1) because someone in my family changed the default login from "admin" and "password" to something else. They also changed the original wifi password and I have absolutely no idea why.

- For those who are saying contact customer support, I did this a few months ago and they told me the person who changed everything and knows all the login information who, by the way, is almost guaranteed to not help because he's just stubborn and mean, has to be there (physically at the store) to change the router login info.

(THIS HAS GENERALLY BEEN A VERY SERIOUS LONG STANDING ISSUE BUT GAVE UP AFTER WHAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT TOLD ME THE FIRST TIME AROUND)

I'm losing my mind and don't know what to do. Please help. I'm trying to contact customer support right now but the wait times are so long because of coronavirus.

My primary issue is that I need wifi on my phone right now and because I forgot the network and wifi password is changed, I have no way of getting back in.

Separate issue but just as infuriating for my computer:

When I'm on my computer and playing certain games or just using it, my ping just randomly shoots up so high for no reason. When I'm playing one game in particular my ping is usually around (60-70 ms) but recently it's been spiking randomly to 100+ - 4000+ so much to the point where the game automatically disconnects me. Is there any fix to this as well?

Last edited:

KiwiMuncher

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
So, who in your family knows the admin/password info? Have you spoken to that person about this?
I figured out my password and have wifi but I've been meaning to see if I can figure out how to login into my router. So yeah, actually I have and they refuse to give it up which is why I originally tried a couple months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.