Question WiFi antenna tip broke off my 2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Pro ?

boeckelr

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi I have a major issue with a somewhat expensive laptop I bought in November. Legion 5 pro amd Gen 6. It came with a lousy mediatek wifi module so I bought an Intel ax201 to swap it with. Someone later told me AMD systems can’t use ax201, but that’s not the issue. The problem is I was unable to reattach the antenna cables to either the new Intel adapter or the mediatek it was replacing. After trying on and off for hours, the brass colored tip on the end of one of the antenna wires broke off. I can always put usb wifi on it but I would prefer to have this fixed.

I’ve built PCs for 25 years, this wasn’t intimidating, i was just unable to get the antenna clips to snap into place. Does anyone know how I would go about getting it fixed? Where I’d take it to? What kind of store or business? Lenovo won’t fix it as I was replacing their pos mediatek adapter to begin with. Can this be fixed? I know it’s possible to buy new antenna wires; it’s just that’s beyond my skill level. Antennas often get routed behind the screen, I have no idea how to do that. Don’t want to attempt it.

Any idea of where I would go to fix it? If i can’t get it fixed and it isn’t turns into a total desktop I’m going to throw it away. Anyone live in CT in the US that knows how to fix this? ill pay to have this fixed. Can send pics to help someone assess whether they can do it or not. I have the feeling this is an easy job for someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY