Question WiFi Calling Router settings?

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
Hi there.

I have issues in my home making WiFi calls from my mobile phone using an access point.

My network setup is :
Main WiFi router (Living room)
TP link powerline ethernet (Living room to Master Bedroom)
Netgear router set up as access point (Master Bedroom).

When I'm connected to Living room router, WiFi calling works fine. When connected to Master bedroom, it defaults back to cellular calling. Cellular signal is bad in the entire house. I have played with every setting on the handset and with my mobile provider, so I am now convinced this is an issuein the access point setup.

Are there any specific settings on the Netgear router that I should be looking at to ensure WiFi calling works?

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hi there.

I have issues in my home making WiFi calls from my mobile phone using an access point.

My network setup is :
Main WiFi router (Living room)
TP link powerline ethernet (Living room to Master Bedroom)
Netgear router set up as access point (Master Bedroom).

When I'm connected to Living room router, WiFi calling works fine. When connected to Master bedroom, it defaults back to cellular calling. Cellular signal is bad in the entire house. I have played with every setting on the handset and with my mobile provider, so I am now convinced this is an issuein the access point setup.

Are there any specific settings on the Netgear router that I should be looking at to ensure WiFi calling works?

Thanks
It is most likely the powerline network that is failing you.

MOCA is much better than powerline if you have cable tv oulet in the bedroom and living room.

Who is your cell provider, if you have major carrier like Verizon, ATT, Sprint/Tmobile, you can talk to their customer service to get a free network extender. My friend installed a new metal roof which killed his signal down to 1 bar. He kept getting dropped calls. So he called and Verizon sent him this network extender for free: https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-lte-network-extender/ . It uses internet to create your own cell signal in the house, like a miniature cell tower, it covers his whole house better than his wifi. The only issue with installation is the unit requires a gps signal and the metal rook also blocks gps signals. But we stuck it to a window and ran an ethernet line to the extender.

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
So, I enabled IPv6 on my main router and now WiFi calling seems to work?! Don't understand any of it, just posting in case anyone else finds this helpful in future