[SOLVED] Wifi card compatability

BBertotti

Honorable
Dec 7, 2016
I have a H81M-A_DP/M11AD/DP_MB motherboard and wondering what type of wifi card I have to buy for it. I know it has a i5-4460s processor and 8GB of DDR3 ram but besides that I don't know much about internals

Solution
Generally any PCIe wireless card should suffice, you'll just want to make sure whatever one you get is supported by your operated system (the card itself actually has drivers to support that OS) and that the card is a speed that is suitable for your wireless internet speeds.

Your motherboard can support 2 x PCIe x1 expansion cards so an adapter such as:
TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter, PCIe Network Interface Card for Desktop, Low-Profile Bracket Included, Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP (32/64 bit) & Linux 2.6.24~4.1, Black(TL-WN881ND) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Would even be fine (taking into account what I've said above).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Generally any PCIe wireless card should suffice, you'll just want to make sure whatever one you get is supported by your operated system (the card itself actually has drivers to support that OS) and that the card is a speed that is suitable for your wireless internet speeds.

Your motherboard can support 2 x PCIe x1 expansion cards so an adapter such as:
TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter, PCIe Network Interface Card for Desktop, Low-Profile Bracket Included, Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP (32/64 bit) & Linux 2.6.24~4.1, Black(TL-WN881ND) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Would even be fine (taking into account what I've said above).

Solution