[SOLVED] wifi card for gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
i
have usb 2.0 only

That's still plenty, USB 2.0 has a data transfer rate of 480Mb/s therefore it will provide plenty of bandwidth for gaming. Games really only require anywhere from 100 KB/s to 1MB/s (please note: 1 MB/s = 8 Mb/s AND 1000 KB/s = 1 MB/s). The only reason wifi is bad for gaming is because there is a larger latency and unreliability between the router and the wifi card. You can still game but you might have occasional lag spikes. If your router supports transmitting at 5GHz I recommend you get a wifi card that supports 5GHz for best reliability.
i
have usb 2.0 only

That's still plenty, USB 2.0 has a data transfer rate of 480Mb/s therefore it will provide plenty of bandwidth for gaming. Games really only require anywhere from 100 KB/s to 1MB/s (please note: 1 MB/s = 8 Mb/s AND 1000 KB/s = 1 MB/s). The only reason wifi is bad for gaming is because there is a larger latency and unreliability between the router and the wifi card. You can still game but you might have occasional lag spikes. If your router supports transmitting at 5GHz I recommend you get a wifi card that supports 5GHz for best reliability.

Reactions: M Uzair Arshad
Solution

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
ok thank you

Can I use usb wifi card for gaming i mean will i suffer with more ping or slow speed than ethernet ?
Gaming and Wi-Fi. Two words that should never appear together in the same sentence.

Too many sources of trouble, with interference from other access points on the same or overlapping channels being the biggest issue. Latency will never match that of a cabled connection as Wi-Fi is only single duplex.

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
Gaming and Wi-Fi. Two words that should never appear together in the same sentence.

Too many sources of trouble, with interference from other access points on the same or overlapping channels being the biggest issue. Latency will never match that of a cabled connection as Wi-Fi is only single duplex.
but for ethernet i have to connect wire from ground wire to first floor. because i live at first floor and router is at ground floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.