Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammalam

Commendable
Oct 19, 2019
I want to install a network card on my lenovo v530 which has an i5-9400, primarily for Bluetooth 5.0 (I'm happy with the ethernet connection).

I bought a ubit WiFi card:

(Gigabit WiFi Card, 802.11 AX/AC Superspeed 2974Mbps, Ubit Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Chip, PCIe Wireless Dual-band (5GHz/2.4GHz)Network Card, Bluetooth 5.0 PCI-E Adapter with 2x 6dBi Antenna for PC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y2MYK4N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ani-DbXG8PSAV)

But I can't find any spare internal USB port to plug it into, making me think this card is incompatible and that I need a card that doesn't require a USB connection.

I've looked on amazon and trawled Google but the closest thing I could find were cards for laptops, and they invariably state they are not suitable for desktops.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's a lenovo desktop so I know there must be a way to install a network card, I'm just stumped and frustrated atm.

Nb: I'm primarily wanting a 5.0 bluetooth connection, not happy with dongles

Solution
there isnt much you can do
all those pcie cards are using ngff cards which needs USB for bluetooth
there are two options for you:
disconnect any internall usb connector so u can get your BT working, missing usb on front panel u can fix with USB hubs
or get wifi+BT card combined with USB card
something like this:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-WB1733D-I-rev-10#ov
it has intel 9260 (up to 1733Mbit) + BT 5.0 + USB 3.0 interna and USB 2.0 internal (handy for mouse/keyboard dongs to hide them)
there isnt much you can do
all those pcie cards are using ngff cards which needs USB for bluetooth
there are two options for you:
disconnect any internall usb connector so u can get your BT working, missing usb on front panel u can fix with USB hubs
or get wifi+BT card combined with USB card
something like this:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-WB1733D-I-rev-10#ov
it has intel 9260 (up to 1733Mbit) + BT 5.0 + USB 3.0 interna and USB 2.0 internal (handy for mouse/keyboard dongs to hide them)

Reactions: Enraghmeel
Solution

Jammalam

Commendable
Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for responding, just to clarify - the Gigabyte card you linked doesn't need an internal USB connection? So I could slot it into pcie slot and I'm away?

Or is my only option to disconnect existing USB ports to make a connection available for a WiFi card?

Thanks again for helping, my blood pressure is starting to normalize

Apr 14, 2022
Hi @Jammalam I wanted to know if the card worked for you.
I have the same Lenovo v30 desktop, bought a card that did not work because I couldn't find a fitting usb port.
I'm thinking about buying this but id like to know if it worked for you

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022
I can imagine. Anyway ill probably get that card and post here if it works for me. I watched a YouTube tutorial @kerberos_20 where the card came with an internal usb cable.
Just to confirm, will this card will work fine (Bluetooth and WIFI) without plugin it into the usb in the motherboard Just the pcie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS