[SOLVED] Wifi card going bad?

May 4, 2021
My PC has had ongoing issues with wifi and Bluetooth connection. The connection for wifi randomly disconnects and it isn't my router's fault. I have also had problems with Bluetooth. It has decided to stop working altogether again. I think the culprit is a bad wifi card but don't know enough about computers to be certain. When I try to connect with Bluetooth (even with other devices or forgetting the device), I get this message: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again." If you think the problem is a bad wifi card, what would be a good, reasonably priced replacement?

Motherboard is ASRock A320M-DGS (AM4), wifi card is Qualcomm aetheros Ar946x, and operating system is windows 10.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By PC, are you referring to a desktop system or a laptop? If the latter, please parse the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU. If the former, please parse the specs to your entire build. Things you could do is to make sure that the BIOS for the motherboard is up to date, while the drivers for your platform are up to date as well. I'd advise on manually reinstalling the chipset drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You will need to do the same for your Wireless adapter's drivers, though you should uninstall them(WiFi+BT) first then reinstall with the latest. If you're on Windows 10 and on the latest version of the OS(version 20H2) then manually install...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By PC, are you referring to a desktop system or a laptop? If the latter, please parse the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU. If the former, please parse the specs to your entire build. Things you could do is to make sure that the BIOS for the motherboard is up to date, while the drivers for your platform are up to date as well. I'd advise on manually reinstalling the chipset drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You will need to do the same for your Wireless adapter's drivers, though you should uninstall them(WiFi+BT) first then reinstall with the latest. If you're on Windows 10 and on the latest version of the OS(version 20H2) then manually install the drivers, do not rely on the OS update to source drivers for your device.

If it's a laptop, you should still be able to disassemble the laptop to get to the wireless adapter.

Solution