[SOLVED] Wifi cards say they dont work on amd motherboards?

Mar 23, 2019
On Ebay some of the wifi bluetooth dual band wifi cards won't work on AMD motherboards, Intel only. What is this I never heard of it before.

Solution
That looks to be two products in one. The first is a PCIe mini card wireless NIC. The second is a an add-in-card adapter which the mini card is plugged into, that allows the mini card to be inserted into a regular PCIe slot (and provides antenna mounts). When it says "Chipset: for Intel 5300", I think it means that it's meant for use with an Intel 5300 wireless NIC, not that it's only meant to be used in Intel systems. Although even that seems to be wrong, as the picture shows it coming with an Intel 5100 NIC.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
That looks to be two products in one. The first is a PCIe mini card wireless NIC. The second is a an add-in-card adapter which the mini card is plugged into, that allows the mini card to be inserted into a regular PCIe slot (and provides antenna mounts). When it says "Chipset: for Intel 5300", I think it means that it's meant for use with an Intel 5300 wireless NIC, not that it's only meant to be used in Intel systems. Although even that seems to be wrong, as the picture shows it coming with an Intel 5100 NIC.

Solution