WiFi Connection Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEK C

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
I am unable to connect to any WiFi connection. I've tried many adapters, different USB ports (2.0/3.0). I've even tried using the WPS button on my adapter and router.
After entering my WEP key, it gets stuck on Verifying and Connecting.
I am currently using my laptop's Wifi, through a LAN shared connection.
I am also able to use a Tether from my phone's WiFi connection.

I feel that something went wrong during the installation, as I had to make two attempts, and after many hours of finally getting it to work, many applications are laggy/unresponsive. I am, for example, currently unable to open up the App Store or Settings - they open for about 10-20 seconds and then close. I have a fairly high-end system spec, so that is not the problem.
Forgot to mention, I have the most recent Intel LAN drivers from my motherboard's website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you. :wahoo:

Solution
If you believe that something went wrong with your Windows installation, then you may try some of these system file integrity checking steps. Open an elevated command prompt by typing "CMD" into Start, right-clicking Command Prompt, and selecting "Run as Administrator. Run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth." Reboot your PC, then run "sfc /scannow." This whole process may take several minutes.

If this fails to fix your problems, you may try a "Reset this PC" operation, which can be accessed by typing that phrase into Start. This will effectively perform a clean install of Windows 10 on your PC without losing your files.

Slashgeek

Admirable
If you believe that something went wrong with your Windows installation, then you may try some of these system file integrity checking steps. Open an elevated command prompt by typing "CMD" into Start, right-clicking Command Prompt, and selecting "Run as Administrator. Run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth." Reboot your PC, then run "sfc /scannow." This whole process may take several minutes.

If this fails to fix your problems, you may try a "Reset this PC" operation, which can be accessed by typing that phrase into Start. This will effectively perform a clean install of Windows 10 on your PC without losing your files.

Solution

SEK C

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Thanks for the reply bro. Unfortunately this didn't work :( Nor did clean installs!! However, typing this in CMD did work:
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
NBTSTAT –R
NBTSTAT –RR
NETSH INT IP RESET
NETSH WINSOCK RESET

Resetting my TCP/IP stack and flushing my DNS worked!!
Thanks for your help, Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.