• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Wifi connection issue

nrbton01

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
I currently have fiber 500/500 internet and when I go to my connection properties it says my speed 433mbps which is fine because I am using wifi and not wired. How ever even though it says my speed is 433Mbps when ever I run a speed test or try to download anything I am only downloading around 140-160mbps. Wondering what would cause this and how do I fix it?

Last edited:

realbouncybear

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
I currently have fiber 500/500 internet and when I go to my connection properties it says my speed 433Mbps which is fine because I am using wifi and not wired. How ever even though it says my speed is 433Mbps when ever I run a speed test or try to download anything I am only downloading around 140-160Mbps. Wondering what would cause this and how do I fix it?
You will never download at the same speed you are paying for. Ever! That is some impressive download speed right there man, 140-160mbps is insane, that is a very rare speed that most people wont ever see. I can't imagine what you would get with wired.

nrbton01

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
You will never download at the same speed you are paying for. Ever! That is some impressive download speed right there man, 140-160mbps is insane, that is a very rare speed that most people wont ever see. I can't imagine what you would get with wired.
I am downloading at 160megabit not Megabytes. So i am only downloading at 20Megabytes. I should be closer 50-55Megabits

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS