WiFi connection problem

Jan 5, 2019
Hi, I have observed that when a iPhone or any (iPhone) wannabe like Vivo is connected to our wifi network (home) some of the already connected device disconnect to the net get stuck with msg "obtaining IP add" or "cannot obtain IP.." regardless of how many devices are connected. Why is that and can it be prevented? Usually we would turn off the router/modem, unplug, wait, replug then start. It would temporary solve the problem but after sometime one or multiple devices will have no connection.

Jan 5, 2019

I think its a from our local internet provider "globe telecom AZTech Dsl5001EN router. I dont think it reconnects until we restart the router/modem.

I also had a Netgear router, and although resetting it would usually fix the WiFi issue, it just became to frequent at dropping WiFi so resetting became very tiresome (twice or thrice daily). The only permanent fix for me was a better quality router --- I bought a Billion wall-mounted router and the difference is like night and day. Not cheap, but worth every penny if only to save me losing my sanity.

Oh, and to syllver_crystal --- you should only choose a Best Answer when that answer fixes your problem and you don't need any more help with it.

Jan 5, 2019

I'll give it a try and lets see what happens though I can't test it yet because the problem only shows when there's an iPhone or a Vivo phone connected and usually it's from a guest's phones. Thanks for the suggestion

Jan 5, 2019
I'am very very sorry Phillip Corcoran, I didn't mean to vote down your answer I don't know how to undo it. I also did not realised that I have picked a solution (I've unpick it) Sorry.