Apr 25, 2023
Hi everyone.

First time posting. Really need some help so signed up in hope of receiving some...

I have recently installed a PCIe WIfi card. The card is a MediaTek EP-9655GS. The trouble I am having with this card knows no end! After installing the card and drivers initially internet connectivity was fine for a few days, however bluetooth was not. This didn't bother me as I'm not currently using bluetooth anyway.

Then the fun and games began... For the past 3 days my Wifi has been disconnecting randomly and won't auto reconnect or correct itself. I am having to disable and then reenable the network adapter via Device Manager, to reconnect. When doing so the card would only reconnect on 2.4GHz and produce very slow speeds. Disabling and reenabling a few times results in me reconnecting to 5GHz but the speeds will not push past 68mbps which is very strange (I'm usually sitting over 600mbps). It's as if it is locked similar to say, capping your FPS. At any point during this horror show the card connection drops and we start the merry dance all over again!

On Device Manager under Device Status it always reads "This device is working properly". However, under the Events tab it reads:
Device PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7961&SUBSYS_796114C3&REV_00\4&2d0be71e&0&00E4 requires further installation.

I should say that my router is well within range and I have tried a good old Restart 10,000 times!

Other things I have tried:

Redoing the drivers.: https://oemdrivers.com/network-edup-ep-9655gs
Redoing the drivers from manufacturers website (these are terrible and I'm not convinced they work at all): https://www.szedup.com/support/driver-download/pcie/ep9655gs/

Uninstalling the card and reinstalling with both sets of said drivers.

I have enabled IPv6 in the network adapter settings.

I have reset/refreshed connections via Command Prompt.

Really stuck here now guys. In my very new to PC limited knowledge...I'm all out of ideas.

TIA.

There's normally a USB connector on the back of the card to plug into a USB header on your motherboard to get bluetooth to work.

I wouldn't rule out a physical hardware problem. It's a super low cost card.

I would have bought the Intel AX210 version of that card, because you could then at least install the Intel drivers.

Reactions: OptiPlonker
Apr 25, 2023
There's normally a USB connector on the back of the card to plug into a USB header on your motherboard to get bluetooth to work.

I wouldn't rule out a physical hardware problem. It's a super low cost card.

I would have bought the Intel AX210 version of that card, because you could then at least install the Intel drivers.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I had the USB header plugged in...I guess its just crap.

Ive spent the last few hours since posting trying some more trouble shooting and I haven't gotten any further. I give up. It's getting returned. I've taken it out and put my £10 TP Link card back in for now. Never had an issue with that little card.