[SOLVED] Wifi crashing in laptop when gaming. Please help!

udayuk

Honorable
Aug 15, 2015
Laptop: asus tuf fx504gm i5 8300h
So recently I've started to observe something really weird with my laptop. Whenever I start playing any game, I only am able to play for like 10 seconds and my WiFi gets disconnected and becomes invisible. As soon as I quit the game wifi gets reconnected.
If it didn't I need to restart PC disable and re enable WiFi.
Tried using my mobile hotspot and is the same issue. I used to use throttlestop to undervolt - 126mv but even that is locked now by a random asus bios update.
I literally am unable to play anything on my Lappy... Please help!

Solution
Check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment, and then cross reference the BIOS version that's listed on Asus support page for your laptop. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually update to the latest version. You will also need to see which version of your OS you're on. We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10.

Might want to uninstall your WiFi adapter's drivers and manually reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if these help.
;)

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment, and then cross reference the BIOS version that's listed on Asus support page for your laptop. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually update to the latest version. You will also need to see which version of your OS you're on. We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10.

Might want to uninstall your WiFi adapter's drivers and manually reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if these help.
;)

Solution