[SOLVED] WiFi disabled on Windows 10 ?

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Hi and thanks for looking.

Having a connectivity problem with my son's pc.

Original it was wired directly to the router via ethernet and the internet worked fine. Then he moved rooms so I got a usb WiFi adaptor which I thought was broken as there's no WiFi networks available so I got another and still the same! Tried both adaptors in other pcs and they work fine. I've tried trouble shooting that finds a problem with the adaptor but won't fix the problem. Tried a few other solutions online. Enabling this disabling that, resetting the adaptor and it still don't work. Then I thought it could be express VPN so I uninstalled that but still no WiFi.

Tried wired connection to router and the internet works also plugged in my mobile via usb cable and that works as well.

Please does anyone have any ideas as this is really starting to drive me mad!!

Thanks.

Solution
Can you post a link to the current WIFI adapter?
One possibility is the router may be using a channel that the USB adapter is not compatible with. If the router is set to "AUTO" for the channel, manually set to 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4Ghz and a channel less than 50 for 5Ghz.

Hi thanks for the reply.
It's a realtek rtl8188eu

I solved the problem by uninstalling the adaptor from device manager, restarting the computer and installing again. It connected to the network. Although he's Roblox thing wouldn't work everything else did. Then the next day a new problem arose!
This time it actually says there's a hardware or driver issue with the device. Tried to do the uninstalling thing again but it don't solve the problem now.
I've...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi and thanks for looking.

Having a connectivity problem with my son's pc.

Original it was wired directly to the router via ethernet and the internet worked fine. Then he moved rooms so I got a usb WiFi adaptor which I thought was broken as there's no WiFi networks available so I got another and still the same! Tried both adaptors in other pcs and they work fine. I've tried trouble shooting that finds a problem with the adaptor but won't fix the problem. Tried a few other solutions online. Enabling this disabling that, resetting the adaptor and it still don't work. Then I thought it could be express VPN so I uninstalled that but still no WiFi.

Tried wired connection to router and the internet works also plugged in my mobile via usb cable and that works as well.

Please does anyone have any ideas as this is really starting to drive me mad!!

Thanks.
One possibility is the router may be using a channel that the USB adapter is not compatible with. If the router is set to "AUTO" for the channel, manually set to 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4Ghz and a channel less than 50 for 5Ghz.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020

Hi thanks for the reply.
It's a realtek rtl8188eu

I solved the problem by uninstalling the adaptor from device manager, restarting the computer and installing again. It connected to the network. Although he's Roblox thing wouldn't work everything else did. Then the next day a new problem arose!
This time it actually says there's a hardware or driver issue with the device. Tried to do the uninstalling thing again but it don't solve the problem now.
I've ordered a PCI WiFi card that should be here today. I'll try that and see what happens.
I thought it may be a windows thing but it's strange how a wired connection works, roblox works with wired connection also.

Thanks again.

Solution