[SOLVED] WiFi disconnection having to restart computer to fix

Sep 20, 2020
I’ve been having this problem on the daily where my wifi goes out after 5 minutes and O have to restart my computer for it to work for another 5 minutes. I’ve put my network settings to max performance and it dosent work.

Solution
Perhaps a AT&T router and a Linksys router? If you have two routers both acting as routers then there will be problems.

Normal connectivity is generally as shown in the following line diagram:

ISP ----> Modem ----> Router ----- Ethernet cable ---- > wired devices and ~~~~ wireless ~~~~> wireless devices.

Sometimes the modem and router are combined.

Take a closer look at both the AT&T "router" and the Linksy. There should be model information plates/labels on each.

Routers often have logs that capture network events. However those logs may need to be enabled.

Who has full admin rights to the router(s)? You will need help from that person.

Yes: Run "ipconfig /all" then copy & paste the results into your post.

Do the...

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Are you using a USB wireless network adapter?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model modem and router (or modem/router if combined)?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

[Moderator Note: Moving post to Wireless Networking.]

Sep 20, 2020
More information needed.

Are you using a USB wireless network adapter?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model modem and router (or modem/router if combined)?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

[Moderator Note: Moving post to Wireless Networking.]
I've using a wireless network adapter, I think I have an at&t router and a linksys qualomc something. What do you mean by post the results of ipconfig like copy and paste? The internet disconnects every 5 minutes around 4pm-7am I've had to use mobile hotspots to just go online I've also set everything to max performance and it still happens.

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps a AT&T router and a Linksys router? If you have two routers both acting as routers then there will be problems.

Normal connectivity is generally as shown in the following line diagram:

ISP ----> Modem ----> Router ----- Ethernet cable ---- > wired devices and ~~~~ wireless ~~~~> wireless devices.

Sometimes the modem and router are combined.

Take a closer look at both the AT&T "router" and the Linksy. There should be model information plates/labels on each.

Routers often have logs that capture network events. However those logs may need to be enabled.

Who has full admin rights to the router(s)? You will need help from that person.

Yes: Run "ipconfig /all" then copy & paste the results into your post.

Do the same with "tracert 8.8.8.8"

Solution