Wifi disconnects every few minutes for a few seconds and reconnects again

May 1, 2018
Recently I have been experiencing frequent ping spikes/disconnects. My wireless disconnects every 2-3 minutes and comes right back in just a few seconds. My ping goes up to 3000 and then it just disconnects and reconnects quickly. I have tried resetting my router/modem, reinstalling/repairing my wireless adapter, rebooting my pc, disabling SSDP Discovery, turning off the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", and a couple other things, but nothing has worked so far.
I do not know what the problem could be, and would like any help I could get.
Here are my specs:
RNX-AC1300PCE AC1300 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter
Asus STRIX MAXIMUS IX mobo
i7 7700k
GTX 1080ti
16gb Kingson Trident Z RAM
500 GB Samsung SSD
Ping graph:
https://gyazo.com/ba2f068831d46829fec01a0d85458b4b
ba2f068831d46829fec01a0d85458b4b

Solution
Have you called your ISP and reported the problem? They should be able to do some testing from their end to narrow down the source of the disconnections. However, in all fairness, an intermittent problem may just not show up when they run their tests...

That said, I would suspect a loose connection somewhere.

Either in your network wiring or electrical wiring.

Network wiring - check all the incoming connections starting with the ISP connection coming into your home. Coax cables, DSL, Ethernet cables. Look for signs of physical damage, loose connectors, kinks, nail/staple penetrations, chew marks, bare metal showing. Check all splitters. Disconnect, clean, and reconnect coax cables. Swap Ethernet cables with known working...

Ralston18

Titan
Have you called your ISP and reported the problem? They should be able to do some testing from their end to narrow down the source of the disconnections. However, in all fairness, an intermittent problem may just not show up when they run their tests...

That said, I would suspect a loose connection somewhere.

Either in your network wiring or electrical wiring.

Network wiring - check all the incoming connections starting with the ISP connection coming into your home. Coax cables, DSL, Ethernet cables. Look for signs of physical damage, loose connectors, kinks, nail/staple penetrations, chew marks, bare metal showing. Check all splitters. Disconnect, clean, and reconnect coax cables. Swap Ethernet cables with known working Ethernet cables.

Power: Check that the plugs for modems, routers, and anything else on your network are fully in place and not loose or wiggling.

Wireless interference should also be considered. Try changing frequencies and channels.

The problem may not be on your end. "End" being where the ISP's connection enters your home. However, you must be certain that the problem is not on your end in order to avoid possible charges if a tech is sent out.

Solution