Question Wifi disconnects then reconnects if I turn off then back on

Aug 1, 2022
My wifi has been sudenly terrible. I made no changes to my ISP or any devices. Over the past few days, I've been trying to notice and patterns, etc. Rebooting the router does nothing. Rebooting devices does nothing as well. BUT...here is what I found to be the case yesterday:

Wifi disconnects (what seems like) randomly at all points throughout the day (morning, afternoon, evening) and no matter if there is little use or a lot of use in the house.
When there is a disconnecy, if I either turn off the wifi on my device or go into airplane mode, and then immediately turn the wifi back on (from a particular device) the service is immediately restored until the next time the wifi goes out. This remedy works with my phone and laptop.

Anyone know what that is about and how i can be fixed so I don't need to go in and out of airplane mode several times a day?

Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if your platform is pending any BIOS updates, followed by an OS update, then try uninstalling and reinstalling your wireless adapter's drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might also want to mention the make and model of your wireless router, see if it's got any firmware updates pending.

Aug 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if your platform is pending any BIOS updates, followed by an OS update, then try uninstalling and reinstalling your wireless adapter's drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might also want to mention the make and model of your wireless router, see if it's got any firmware updates pending.

Thanks. it happens on all devices - my laptop, my wife's mac laptop, everyone's mobile phone, and Ipad. No OS updates are pending.

When you say to try uninstalling and reinstalling my wireless adapter's driver's, do you mean my router?

I am using an Arris SVG2482ac

TRENDING THREADS