[SOLVED] Wifi does not work on new pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2021
Just built a new pc. Wifi antenna is screwed into the motherboard but when I boot into windows I have no wifi option. I have a gigabyte z690 mobo and I’m on windows 11

Solution
So it turns out it was just a simple driver issue. I had to install the wifi driver for the motherboard on a separate pc on a thumb drive. I was making the problem more difficult than it had to be, since my previous motherboard didn’t require wifi drivers for it to function I figured windows 11 paired with the new motherboard was causing issues.
This is the reason why Microsoft encourages people to have their builds hardwired to the internet during Windows installation: they know that they can't include every driver that may be needed in the windows install package. This is especially true of brand new equipment and it doesn't help that Windows 11 is also brand new. And with more builds not having optical drives to read the...
Do you mean that wifi is turned on in the bios and it doesn't show up in the device manager? Given the newness of the components, Windows 11 probably needs an additional driver or more. Does the mobo support disk included wifi drivers or are they listed on the website?

Reactions: Gusbus001
Nov 10, 2021
Do you mean that wifi is turned on in the bios and it doesn't show up in the device manager? Given the newness of the components, Windows 11 probably needs an additional driver or more. Does the mobo support disk included wifi drivers or are they listed on the website?
So it turns out it was just a simple driver issue. I had to install the wifi driver for the motherboard on a separate pc on a thumb drive. I was making the problem more difficult than it had to be, since my previous motherboard didn’t require wifi drivers for it to function I figured windows 11 paired with the new motherboard was causing issues.

Last edited:
This is the reason why Microsoft encourages people to have their builds hardwired to the internet during Windows installation: they know that they can't include every driver that may be needed in the windows install package. This is especially true of brand new equipment and it doesn't help that Windows 11 is also brand new. And with more builds not having optical drives to read the support CD provided by the motherboard manufacturer, its just going to get worse.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.