wifi doesn't turning on

Debarpan Naha

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
I am using dell vostro 1015 for couple of years or more....But the problem is when I tried to on the wifi,it didn't and also bluetooth has the same problem.I tried to download the driver for my lap,but after installing those .exe file,it shows that cann't find the wireless adapter.how can I solve this problem?

Solution
Look in Device Manager. If there are no error symbols shown in there, and there is no wireless adapter listed under "Network Devices", the wireless adapter has probably failed so Windows isn't detecting it.

If your laptop is still covered by Dell's warranty, contact Dell to have it repaired free of charge.
If warranty has expired it will cost you too much to get it fixed so buy a USB wireless adapter.
Look in Device Manager. If there are no error symbols shown in there, and there is no wireless adapter listed under "Network Devices", the wireless adapter has probably failed so Windows isn't detecting it.

If your laptop is still covered by Dell's warranty, contact Dell to have it repaired free of charge.
If warranty has expired it will cost you too much to get it fixed so buy a USB wireless adapter.

Solution