wifi dongle as repeater

annapl

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
can i use 3g wifi dongle as wifi repeater the dongle is manufactured by ZTE model number is AC3633

Solution
A wireless broadband 3g modem is a completely different technology than WiFI. The dongle you have is designed to only talk to a cell tower and then "repeat" the signal to normal WiFI end devices. This device is different than most I have seen. It is actually a wireless hotspot that connects similar to a USB modem dongle. It still does not have the ability to connect to a WiFI modem/router as a client.

You will be better off just buying a device designed to be a wifi repeater it is much more likely to be compatible with your router.

annapl

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

yes i want to receive wifi signal from an adsl router and repeat the signal(amplify it)

A wireless broadband 3g modem is a completely different technology than WiFI. The dongle you have is designed to only talk to a cell tower and then "repeat" the signal to normal WiFI end devices. This device is different than most I have seen. It is actually a wireless hotspot that connects similar to a USB modem dongle. It still does not have the ability to connect to a WiFI modem/router as a client.

You will be better off just buying a device designed to be a wifi repeater it is much more likely to be compatible with your router.

Solution