Question WiFi dongle can connect to Hotspot but won't to router

ZappOfiana

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I just bought a new WiFi dongle, install the drivers from the CD-ROM with it, then tried to connect to my router but it refuse to connect. When I tried connecting my phone's Hotspot, the process was smooth (either secured or not).

The thing that I observed is that when I click 'Enter' after typing the router's password, in the middle of 'Verifying ..', the WiFi get 'Disabled' then re-enable automatically, which result to my current password verification to fail. When I tried connecting again to a different router, it will be the same as the one before, while there is no problem connecting to any phone's Hotspot with password.

I tried searching for solutions on Google and this is what I tried so far:

-Reset the router (like reset everything)
-Uninstall/Reinstall driver
-Update driver (even tried older versions)
-Update Windows
-Run Windows Diag
-Turned off the IPv6
-Reset network config thru CMD
-Toogle wificonfig on services.msc to Auto/Manual
-Lastly, run wireless network Troubleshooting on settings

Here, it says access point is the problem, and Troubleshooting can't fix it. I tried searching for it but I can't see any relevant or specific answers.
I'm really out of option but to ask now.

Thanks and sorry for the ignorance.

kanewolf

Titan
I just bought a new WiFi dongle, install the drivers from the CD-ROM with it, then tried to connect to my router but it refuse to connect. When I tried connecting my phone's Hotspot, the process was smooth (either secured or not).

The thing that I observed is that when I click 'Enter' after typing the router's password, in the middle of 'Verifying ..', the WiFi get 'Disabled' then re-enable automatically, which result to my current password verification to fail. When I tried connecting again to a different router, it will be the same as the one before, while there is no problem connecting to any phone's Hotspot with password.

I tried searching for solutions on Google and this is what I tried so far:

-Reset the router (like reset everything)
-Uninstall/Reinstall driver
-Update driver (even tried older versions)
-Update Windows
-Run Windows Diag
-Turned off the IPv6
-Reset network config thru CMD
-Toogle wificonfig on services.msc to Auto/Manual
-Lastly, run wireless network Troubleshooting on settings

Here, it says access point is the problem, and Troubleshooting can't fix it. I tried searching for it but I can't see any relevant or specific answers.
I'm really out of option but to ask now.

Thanks and sorry for the ignorance.
Have you verified that your router is running on channel 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4Ghz and a channel less than 50 for 5Ghz?
The allowed channels vary by country. What I listed is universally available.

TRENDING THREADS