Question WiFi driver not working and unstable internet connection.

May 7, 2021
My issue is that my WiFi driver keeps missing or not working. One thing that I notice is that I only get disconnected whenever I use the internet excessively. For instance, it happens whenever I am watching youtube or trying to upload something. I've tried uploading a 200kb meme on discord and everytime I attempt to do so, I would get disconnected from my WiFi. When I'm playing Valorant, I would have very low ping but every 15 seconds or so my ping would be completely lost and I would lose internet connection for about 3 seconds and it goes on again. Sometimes the driver would be missing from the network adapter section in the device manager. Whenever my WiFi driver is missing, I would reset the whole network setting but it still doesn't help. I've also tried resetting every setting I could think of through command prompt. I tried checking WiFi related settings in the power management setting and also in the driver settings but nothing really helps. If you know how to solve the issue, please kindly help me, thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is the system you're on a desktop or a laptop? If the latter, include the make and model and SKU of the unit. If the former, include the specs for the entire build. For either case, check to see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. Then check to see what OS version you're on. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your networking drivers? Try reinstalling in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your wireless networking, what is the make and model of your wireless adapter and your wireless router?

May 7, 2021
Hello. Firstly, thanks for your time. I just uninstalled both my network adapter which is

a) Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
b) Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I assume these two are the required drivers for my WiFi to function? Please tell me if I got it wrong. However, after reinstalling both of them, it still doesn't seem to work though I must say that I get disconnected less frequently. I still get the 5 seconds complete disconnect every 15 seconds while playing games though(ie; Valorant). Here is all the information you asked for except for SKU and wireless router. The SKU is not stated in information system and I would assume wireless router model would be irrelevant as I'm experiencing the issue on every WiFi I connected to.

I'm on laptop.

System Model TUF Gaming FX505DU_FX505DU

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. FX505DU.316, 1/28/2021

SMBIOS Version 3.2

OS Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Thank in advance.