Question WiFi dropped on certain devices (offline) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfj

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Hi guys,

Figured someone here may be able to help.

I have some smart plugs at home and also cctv connected to WiFi too, as well as the usual phones, laptops etc etc

For some reason all apart from one of the smart plugs are now showing as offline, as are the smart ought [light ?] bulbs and also my cctv is showing as offline too.

But our phones, laptops, desktops and TV are all seem to be working fine.

I tried to do a reset on the router and it hadn't made any difference, so I'm not too sure what to try next or why they all randomly went offline in the first place?

Cheers

Hi guys,

Figured someone here may be able to help.

I have some smart plugs at home and also cctv connected to WiFi too, as well as the usual phones, laptops etc etc

For some reason all apart from one of the smart plugs are now showing as offline, as are the smart ought bulbs and also my cctv is showing as offline too.

But our phones, laptops, desktops and TV are all seem to be working fine.

I tried to do a reset on the router and it hadn't made any difference, so I'm not too sure what to Tey next or why they all randomly went offline on the first place?

Cheers
Is there a server connection to the manufacturer required for the off line devices? Their server may be down and since its a holiday weekend it may not be up until Tuesday. Perhaps you could check the manufacturer support website to see if they acknowledge a server down. I have a Carrier HVAC system where the server sometime goes offline and I have to manually control it from the thermostat since remote control from my phone app won't work.

Reactions: markfj
Status
Not open for further replies.