Question wifi drops only on pc, once a day

Jul 28, 2019
Wifi card: ASUS PCE-AC55BT
Driver: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Windows 10 64-Bit
Router: Archer C7

So recently I switched to Comcast and had to get a new router, the Archer C7 by TP-Link. After this, I experience the wifi dropping once per day, but only on my computer, for about 30 seconds.
I have a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz channel, and I use the 5ghz normally. When the wifi goes down happens, I am still connected to the 5ghz, but nothing will load, and running troubleshooter doesn't find anything. However, if I connect to the 2.4, it is working perfectly. If I disconnect from the 5ghz and then reconnect immediately, it works. If I check another device also on the 5ghz, it works while I can't connect on my PC. This also works the other way around, if I'm on 2.4 and it drops. I can either connect to the other one or just reconnect and it works again.
I figure this is not an issue with the router because why would only my PC be affected by this? But on the other hand, it only started happening after I installed the new router.
I maxed out the time for the DHCP server on the router, no change.
I contacted ASUS today and they told me to turn erp on in my bios, which I've done. It didn't change anything, and I can't predict this issue other than it happens once or twice a day.
Any thoughts on what I can try?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS