Wifi Extender connecting to router that requires browser login

MrTigger13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I live in a student accommodation that has given me a login and password to connect to the wifi. However I want to connect my WiFi extender to it and have it so the WiFi extender would work like a normal router without the browser login that the accommodations routers have (Intranet).

Example
- Set up login for WiFi extender so it doesn't come up for other devices
- Similar to the program 'connectifyme'

Solution
You can not use a normal extender because they are based on WDS which likely is disabled on the main router. It depends how they did their security. If they are using 802.1x you have no hope because that is designed to prevent exactly what you are attempting.

Now if it is some simple intercept firewall you could use a client-bridge (some repeaters have this mode) and then plug it into the wan port of a router. You have in effect built a repeater that is not dependent on WDS. You will still have to log some pc device into the browser security screen , the router itself can not do that but after the first one get through you can add more and they will just pass transparently. The main router thinks everything is coming from...
You can not use a normal extender because they are based on WDS which likely is disabled on the main router. It depends how they did their security. If they are using 802.1x you have no hope because that is designed to prevent exactly what you are attempting.

Now if it is some simple intercept firewall you could use a client-bridge (some repeaters have this mode) and then plug it into the wan port of a router. You have in effect built a repeater that is not dependent on WDS. You will still have to log some pc device into the browser security screen , the router itself can not do that but after the first one get through you can add more and they will just pass transparently. The main router thinks everything is coming from the WAN mac/ip address that was assigned to your router.

Now this will work most times but it greatly depends exactly what they are doing.

Solution