Wifi extender for dummies.

Aug 22, 2018
I may sound like a dummy here but I cant find answers I need, after much research. I landed here. So I bought an outdoor security camera. Its works ok. Its wireless and sometimes it disconnects from my wifi. My modem is on opposite ends of my house. The camera is on my garage. So I bought a wifi extender (netgear n300). My questions are, can I only connect the camera to it for a better signal? Not other devices. Can my other devices stay connected to my regular wifi? I read that people say the extender slows their wifi speed. I just want to strengthen signal to the camera, not anything else. Wifi signal is very strong inside my house. I haven't received the extender yet. It's coming. But an wondering if I bought the right thing. Do my other devices have to he connected to it also? Or just the camera? Thanks. Sorry if I sound dumb. I'm not very good with electronics. I might not even be making sense, since I don't know what I'm doing. I'm shocked I actually got the camera to work! All I want is a stronger signal on my camera.

Solution
You can still connect your other devices directly to the router's WiFi - - it's simply a case of choosing the appropriate network name to connect to - - - the extender network will usually have "EXT" in the name so just avoid connecting your other devices to that one.
You can still connect your other devices directly to the router's WiFi - - it's simply a case of choosing the appropriate network name to connect to - - - the extender network will usually have "EXT" in the name so just avoid connecting your other devices to that one.

Solution
Aug 22, 2018

Thank you very.much for your answer!