[SOLVED] wifi extender frequency

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
hey i have 500mb/s internet at home. currently i am next to router so i am connected to router with ethernet cable. but in few days i am moving to different room in my house and router stays in position and i have some extender which i can use. i can plug it in wall socket and connect cable in it to my pc but my router has 2 frequences 2.4/5ghz. wifi extender is running only on 130mb/s on 2.4 and about 430mb/s on 5ghz. i tried to connect to wifif extender setup page but it doesnt exists anymore and in my router page i can set if i want to enable or disable 2.4 frequency. the problem is it is running on 430mb/s but my mobile phone isnt compatibile with 5ghz frequency and i cant connect. so i am going to buy new and better wifi extender anyway but i want to know if i can set preffered frequency i want only for extender in wifi exntender setup page. i want it to run on 5ghz. here is the new one i want to buy

https://www.alza.sk/d-link-dap-1610e-d5342029.htm

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
so i looked up on manual for that new extender and it is showing the same thing as my router. i can disable 2.4ghz frquency if i want. but here goes my 2nd question. so i want to have it connected wirellesly with my router and then use cable to connect my pc with extender. if i edit extender wirelles frequencies to only allow 5ghz does that mean it will also wok with cable connected from extender to pc?