[SOLVED] WiFi faster then Ethernet?

Jun 12, 2020
Hello friends I have question, it is concerning my WiFi speeds on my desktop. So I have pretty decent gaming computer build 3900x gtx2070 super. I have gigabit internet but when I hook up with an Ethernet cable the best I get is 270mbps. I’ve even went out and got a cat 8 Ethernet and a 2.5 gig Ethernet port but still nothing. The part that confuses me the most is that on WiFi my iPhone gets about 400-500 mbps. Any suggestions?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello friends I have question, it is concerning my WiFi speeds on my desktop. So I have pretty decent gaming computer build 3900x gtx2070 super. I have gigabit internet but when I hook up with an Ethernet cable the best I get is 270mbps. I’ve even went out and got a cat 8 Ethernet and a 2.5 gig Ethernet port but still nothing. The part that confuses me the most is that on WiFi my iPhone gets about 400-500 mbps. Any suggestions?
Did your motherboard come with any "game enhancer" software like the Asus ROG Game First software? Or is this a killer network adapter? Both of those will limit speedtest results.
Since you are getting greater than 90Mbit, your network card is negotiating to at least 1GE.

Jun 12, 2020
Did your motherboard come with any "game enhancer" software like the Asus ROG Game First software? Or is this a killer network adapter? Both of those will limit speedtest results.
Since you are getting greater than 90Mbit, your network card is negotiating to at least 1GE.
I don’t believe mine came with any I have the asrock steel legend. That’s why I’m really confused as to what it could be

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Try run TCP Optimizer as admin, set optimal settings, reboot and try the speedtest again. if improved but is still not fast enough, go under "Custom profile" and set "max connections per 01 server" and max connections per server" and put 16, 24, or 32, (16 should be enough), reboot and try again.

Reactions: SamirD