Question wifi file trsfer solution for home devices

Sep 24, 2018
im looking for a good FREE platform to transfer files between home devices that are connected to same wifi network

I have arris modem/router with usb storage attachment
but its not very user friendly in its normal form where I have to use browsers and explorer and file explorer on android to transfer files from device to usb server to another device.

is there anything that will allow me to access that usb storage easier than using file explorer on the android phone?

or maybe software that allows me to transfer files directly between devices through wifi that is free

At first I was why does he not just use windows file sharing and then I read and it is android.

Unlike windows that has lots of built in function pretty much everything in android you must load apps. I suspect this is so they can nickle and dime you for every feature. At microsoft goes the other way and loads tons of crap you likely will never use.

This is one of those look through the app store and decide what you hate the least. android can directly use shares in windows but I don't think you can share the android files with windows as simple.

There are many many apps that do this many of which are free. Problem is there is so much trash you have to dig through.

The only technical issue can see sharing files between wifi devices is some routers have a feature called wireless isolation enabled by default. This feature is used to prevent wifi devices from seeing each other so you need to be sure it is disabled.