Question Wifi Fluctuations only on android issue for a really long time

Jul 23, 2018
I have a laptop and 3 android devices at my house.
Xiomi Poco F1
Huawei Honor 6x
Motorola Moto something
Its been like a year or so I have the problem of my wifi connections fluctuating a lot of time during the day I cannot load messages or send them for like a min or so. it has been very frustrating.
I have TP-Link wifi. I don't get any problems with the internet with the laptop but I have the problem with my phones. It's been VEERRY frustrating trying to find the root of the problem that I'm soon going to lose my shit.
when I play PUBG MOBILE on my phone I have this server disconnected error please retry problem cuz of this. I tried to find stuff about this but I can't understand the technical term of networking.
I have changed my DNS to default 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from 192,168.1.1 and - still, nothing is resolved.
I visited my native and took the same wifi there and there I had no problems with the internet on my phone [i had a different internet provider there]. is this the service providers fault or my wifi's.
the service provider comes and the internet ping on the laptop. Also, I have noticed that whenever it fluctuates the ping shows a Request timeout not sure tho just speculation.
I have no idea to put this in android problems or wireless networking problems.
its been a year with this problem. Someone, please help. it will be a lifesaver for me the local net provider technicians are really pathetic. Please explain in layman's terms. I'm quite tech-disabled

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I would suggest to go to https://www.speedtest.net/ and run a test and see what ping and up / down speed you get.

As i know 2 MB/s or 16 Mbps is enough for 1080 p video streaming, and should be fine for gaming as well. Ping value, i am not sure but under 10 is considered very good for an internet connection. It is basically the delay or latency you experience connecting to a website.

If all that is ok, turn off your modem, and restart after 30 seconds. It will likely fix the problem, however there is a good chance that the problem is with one of the phones itself... You need to know that different phones have different processors with different modem, so it may not be able to send or receive data at the same speed as the Poco F1.

May be go to data and wife usage page, and check what apps are using most of your data?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018
I would suggest to go to https://www.speedtest.net/ and run a test and see what ping and up / down speed you get.

As i know 2 MB/s or 16 Mbps is enough for 1080 p video streaming, and should be fine for gaming as well. Ping value, i am not sure but under 10 is considered very good for an internet connection. It is basically the delay or latency you experience connecting to a website.

If all that is ok, turn off your modem, and restart after 30 seconds. It will likely fix the problem, however there is a good chance that the problem is with one of the phones itself... You need to know that different phones have different processors with different modem, so it may not be able to send or receive data at the same speed as the Poco F1.

May be go to data and wife usage page, and check what apps are using most of your data?

From fluctuate I mean it stops and comes back. not speed wise. My ping is 14 and 4.84 Mbps
Gaming or internet speed is not a problem. I have restarted it a lot of times. It's not the delay, every time I chat with someone my messages cant reach people for a matter of 20-30 seconds cuz the internet is down. It's not just WhatsApp, Hike YouTube, PUBG anything which consumes my wifi. All my phones in my house face the problem not just my Pocophone, Also the net works well with my friend's internet and in my native place too. PUBG, System apps, Instagram, Facebook & Hike have the highest usage in the order.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Must be some issue with the service provider. If it happens occasionally, it shouldn't bother you but if it happens frequently, then it's not acceptable. To ensure, connect to some neighbour's wifi and see if the problem persists? If not, you should look for a better ISP.

Jul 23, 2018
Must be some issue with the service provider. If it happens occasionally, it shouldn't bother you but if it happens frequently, then it's not acceptable. To ensure, connect to some neighbour's wifi and see if the problem persists? If not, you should look for a better ISP.
To change the ISP its a very expensive process. To add new wires and pack. but whats the guarantee that it will start working well. cuz I can't afford changes ISP that frequently. I just want to confirm its the ISPs fault not my phones or routers. I will try with my neighbor's router and check if the same problem persists. I am going to call the ISP technician again for them to figure their shit out. I will inform accordingly.