[SOLVED] Wifi gets very weak and have to disconnect and reconnect to solve the problem ?

Jan 16, 2021
A lot of times this problem happens continuously.
Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCle Adapter
I tried updating the driver many times but the problem still persists

KAcNo7b.png

Last edited:
Solution
A new wifi card is pretty inexpensive under $20 and you could upgrade to 802.11ac or even wifi6 for about the same price. Look up your current card, the physical connectors are very standard on most. There are generally only 2 sizes the mini pci card and the newer m2 modules

Actually replacing the card has 2 big issues with a laptop.

First check that HP is not being jerks. There are some laptops they make that only work with offical HP parts...even thought they are exactly the same as the more common cards they have it rigged in the bios to only work with theirs. This is more of a thing on their enterprise models but check for bios white lists and you model number.

The next one depends on the laptop. Some you just remove a...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How old is the host computer?

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond withe disconnects.

Does the problem "end" or "change" if you move closer to the network router or, if not actually physically closer, just to another location around the router?

Does it follow a pattern of heavy and light usage...ie does it work better say in the morning after not being used all night. The radio chips get hot/warmer sometime when a chip starts to go bad they will fail as they heat up from use. You have tried the most common thing of replacing the drivers. You want to check that the antenna look connected properly and be sure that other devices work properly in the same location.

Jan 16, 2021
Does it follow a pattern of heavy and light usage...ie does it work better say in the morning after not being used all night. The radio chips get hot/warmer sometime when a chip starts to go bad they will fail as they heat up from use. You have tried the most common thing of replacing the drivers. You want to check that the antenna look connected properly and be sure that other devices work properly in the same location.
It is something like that I think. Sometimes when I open something that requires high demand it will work properly for about a while and the network will become very weak as if I am disconnected but the logo in the system tray will still show that I am connected to the WIFI.

A new wifi card is pretty inexpensive under $20 and you could upgrade to 802.11ac or even wifi6 for about the same price. Look up your current card, the physical connectors are very standard on most. There are generally only 2 sizes the mini pci card and the newer m2 modules

Actually replacing the card has 2 big issues with a laptop.

First check that HP is not being jerks. There are some laptops they make that only work with offical HP parts...even thought they are exactly the same as the more common cards they have it rigged in the bios to only work with theirs. This is more of a thing on their enterprise models but check for bios white lists and you model number.

The next one depends on the laptop. Some you just remove a small panel on the back and you pop the new card in. Others are more involved and you do things like remove the keyboard etc etc. Really bad ones are like cell phones where you have to use heat to soften glue. There is likely a youtube video that show how.

Solution