Wifi going all over the place...

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
So hey guys, I hope anyone of you can help us with this since the problem is getting even worse...

I live in a student house with 5 other students. We all share one wifi network but for some reason it disconnects some of our devices (pc, phones, laptops, etc...) It give us the DNS error probe not finished... It is super annoying and even today it did it to my laptop which could not stay connected for even 3 pages of loading (browsing), my phone did not even want to load a page while my pc just had no issues at all...
The temporary fix we have is to switch off wifi on the devices and than switch it back on again to have a connection but that does not last long and the problem just reappears...

My housemates have the same issues to, we tried to do a full reset of everything and that did not help either... Anyone got any idea what it might be?

I have access to the router and all the passwords but I frankly do not know even what most of it means and even with searching I am still quite clueless.. ._.

USAFRet

Titan

6 students is almost certainly many more than 6 devices.
PC, phone, laptop, etc, etc...

OK, you are of course correct which I presume was the only point in that post. If you could explain how 6-24 devices cause a connection to drop, instead of reducing bandwidth, that would be great and dare I say, helpful to the OP.

OP, can you gives an idea on the equipment and connection pls.

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

First of all, thank you all for replying.
I just got home again. The router is a Ubee evw3200. And yes there are more tha just 6 devices in total in the house. Probably like 14 or 16.

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

Can't do, it is not ours. It is from the landlord, he would most definitely refuse to change anything due to him being very stubborn. I know him. He is your type of guys that has put concrete all over the garden so their is little to no maintenance in the house...
Also I am leaving next year anyways so I would not want that... Thanks for the tip though. But I wonder if there is still something I can do. I do not want to go the apple product route, where when something is working weirdly you buy a new laptop or something...

Download (if you can stay connected) the free version of inSSIDer and post the results. Include 2.4 and 5.

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Still getting the DNS error... While my pc just rolls normally... The software I was advised is incomprehensible for me... I really do not get it... Anyone can help? :(

TRENDING THREADS