Question Wifi going down randomly when i play a game or visit a certain website. Help please.

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
Ive been having this issue for the past 4 days where my internet keeps going down randomly when i play a game or just browse the internet. Im using a wireless adapter fyi. The thing is, that when the my internet goes down, it goes down for everyone else in the house. But it only goes down when im connected to the internet. I tried ordering a new wireless adapter, but the issue still stays the same. However when i connect to my phone hotspot for example. the internet never goes down. So im unsure if the issue is just my router or something pc related. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
and if you don't do anything and just on the desktop?

test in safemode?

where the game from?
Its fine when im not doing anything on the desktop, nothing happens to the internet connection. Tried it in safe mode, the internet seems to be fine on safe mode, nothing happened so far. Do you mean where ive downloaded my games from? if so its steam.

Also ive realized that my download speed drastically dropped from 7-8mb/s to barely 1.3mb/s.

But the internet still goes down when its not on safe mode.

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
what the mobo? network card? update the driver?
could be a failing card causing issue
Motherboard is MSI B350M Gaming pro, i dont use a network card, i use an adapter (NETGEAR WNDA3100). The driver is up to date too.

So would it not be a router issue? because when i connect to my phone hotspot im able to use the internet with no issues for as long as i want, but as soon as its my wifi from the router the problem happens again. And for some reason it makes the router stop working, making everyones wifi in the household go down.

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
your phone hotspot is lot closer to the router?
try a pcie wifi card?
nono my router is downstairs, my pc is upstairs, so the phone hotspot its close to my wifi adapter thats in my pc. also is there a reason for my download speed dropping from 8mb/s to 1.3mb/s in a day. i even tried a different adapter but it stayed at 1.3mb/s and still made my internet drop.

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
nono my router is downstairs, my pc is upstairs, so the phone hotspot its close to my wifi adapter thats in my pc. also is there a reason for my download speed dropping from 8mb/s to 1.3mb/s in a day. i even tried a different adapter but it stayed at 1.3mb/s and still made my internet drop.
It was working all fine, and it stopped working in a span of a day. I did have a windows update 1 day before it started happening also, not sure if thats connected in any way.