[SOLVED] Wifi in two houses

Mikalfurnes

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

We have two houses near each other, about 400m apart, with a direct line of sight. We might not get permission to get fiber optic cables in the second house. That's why I'm wondering if there is a way to somehow use the same internet. I have read something about an outdoor network bridge, but I'm not sure about what to do.
Mikal

Solution
Hi,

We have two houses near each other, about 400m apart, with a direct line of sight. We might not get permission to get fiber optic cables in the second house. That's why I'm wondering if there is a way to somehow use the same internet. I have read something about an outdoor network bridge, but I'm not sure about what to do.
Mikal
You can use a PAIR of outdoor directional bridges. Something like the Ubiquiti Loco M5. You do need to be careful of the terms of service with the ISP. Sharing an ISP feed to a second address may violate the terms of service.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

Mikal
You can use a PAIR of outdoor directional bridges. Something like the Ubiquiti Loco M5. You do need to be careful of the terms of service with the ISP. Sharing an ISP feed to a second address may violate the terms of service.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS