WIFI in windows 8

shoaib7832

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
i have ho i3 laptop. and installed windows 8. but on sleep and hibernate mood wifi not works. help me to solve this.

Solution

Are you having problems after your laptop wakes from sleep mode? I believe Windows 8 has some problems in this area. Until they are fixed, turn off hibernate.
On your Start Screen, type CMD. Right click on Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator' from the bottom of the screen.
Type powercfg hibernate off (Note spaces) then Enter.
Also from Start Screen, type Power. In Settings, choose 'Change Power Settings'
In 'Balanced' choose 'Change Plan Settings'
Select 'Put the Computer to Sleep' = Never. Save Changes
Hopefully your Laptop will behave until Microsoft fixes these problems

Are you having problems after your laptop wakes from sleep mode? I believe Windows 8 has some problems in this area. Until they are fixed, turn off hibernate.
On your Start Screen, type CMD. Right click on Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator' from the bottom of the screen.
Type powercfg hibernate off (Note spaces) then Enter.
Also from Start Screen, type Power. In Settings, choose 'Change Power Settings'
In 'Balanced' choose 'Change Plan Settings'
Select 'Put the Computer to Sleep' = Never. Save Changes
Hopefully your Laptop will behave until Microsoft fixes these problems

Solution

shoaib7832

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

brother sometime i have not time to shut down laptop so i put laptop to sleep mode or hibernate mood. but when i start again then wifi turns off and not works but when i restart then its works

shoaib7832

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
brother sometime i have not time to shut down laptop so i put laptop to sleep mode or hibernate mood. but when i start again then wifi turns off and not works but when i restart then its works

I understand, but I think there is something wrong with Windows 8 Sleep and Hibernate, it doesn't seem to work on all machines. Best to shutdown every time, then you know it will work when you switch back on. If you want quick shutdown, create a shortcut on your desktop.
Right Click on Desktop, choose New and Shortcut.
Type shutdown.exe /s /t 0 (Note spaces!)
Click 'Next' then 'Finish'
Double click the new shortcut to shut down your laptop, Rt click on it to add it to your start screen, where you will only need one click to shut down.